Saturday, July 14, 2012

Movie review "Green Hornet"


(I hated this film so bad that I had problems writing this review. I hope I got my point across okay)

Movie review: “The Green Hornet”

Starring:

Seth Rogen as Britt Reid/The Green Hornet
Jay Chou as Kato
Cameron Diaz as Lenore Case
Christoph Waltz as Chudnofsky

Short Story Summary: After his father’s death, Britt Reid teams up with his father’s assistant to fight crime.

Story: (7/10) The story its self was not that bad. It did an okay job at explaining how everything came together to lead to the “Birth” of the “Green Hornet”. That is not to say that the story was not flawed, actually it was very flawed. It could be confusing at times and some of the things that the writers came up with is ridicules. For example, we are, at one point, lead to believe that Kato managed to create two other “Black Beauties” (the Green Hornets Car) in the spanned of just eleven days. There is no way that one guy could create two highly advanced cars in that short span of time. Another problem I had was with the predicable plot twist that comes near the end. I will not spoil it for any poor soul that actually wants to watch this, but you will see it coming a mile away.

Characters/Cast: (2/10) This is where the film fails in just about all regards. Seth Rogen is a fool and should never been allowed anywhere near this film. The problem is that he was the producer, so I guess there was nothing anyone could do. He is so completely wrong for this part that it actually hurt to set and watch him make a mockery of this great character. The whole time he made the character look like a jerk, idiot, and, guess what, a fool. Jay Chou’s take on Kato was just about as bad. The way he portrayed the character, he just came across as a know-it-all and a jerk at times. Basically I am trying to say that both of these “Heroes” are completely unlikable and make a mockery of the source material. The villain is most likely the worst in movie history, being such a boring, stupid, and one dimensional character. The only person that was okay was Cameron Diaz as her character was at least likable. She was unfortunately really underused and had very little on screen time, but she does keep the score from going to a (1/10).

Action: (1/10) Welcome to my lowest score ever. I am being dead serious when I say that this movie has got to have the worst action scenes of any movie I have ever seen. There are very few fights and the ones they do have are ruined by stupid gimmicks and over use of slow-mo and wires. I was bored the whole time and I really did not have anyone to root for, because I hated almost all the actor/characters.

Music: (9/10) This film did have some pretty good music, so I guess it was not a complete and utter failure.

Visuals: (6/10) Most of the visual effects where okay, with a few exceptions. One thing is the “Kato vision”( when he fights time slows done and he is able to tell where enemies and objects are and can plan out strategies to counter them), which is one of the main corporates of the fights scenes being so bad. It just takes all the excitement out of the fights and we are left with a lousy Matrix imitation. Another thing is the stupid shots filmed for the 3D effects. I do not really like 3D and I really dislike like it when it is cheaply done. Other than these two things, the effects where okay and the cars and gadgets looked fine.

Conclusion: A terrible movie that should be avoid by anyone with any taste in films (that leaves out anyone that likes the “Twilight series” so they should be able to watch this film okay). I highly suggest avoiding this film at all cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment